Unified Valve Group is seeking a Branch Manager who has proven experience managing a team in the valve industry as well as proven business acumen to manage the Bonnyville branch which services the Bonnyville and Cold Lake area, as well as the northern area up to the Oil Sands and eastern area up to Lloydminster. The Branch Manager is responsible for all day to day operations of their branch, its profitability, as well as its strategic long-term operations. The ideal candidate will be a go getter who is not afraid of rolling up their sleeves and getting the job done while being able to successfully delegate as needed.
- Managing and meeting branch budget, including maintaining control of expenses and meeting established targets
- Engage in business development through effective networking in the local market, growing contact list, and ensuring that UVG is at the forefront of all local opportunities
- Effective prioritization of all branch activities and coordination of operational and maintenance activities
- Accurate, complete, and timely order invoicing
- Responsible for managing, mentoring and coaching all branch personnel including but not limited to managing onboarding, training, performance, Quality and Safety Program violations, HR policy violations, disciplinary actions, and terminations
- Adherence with Quality and Safety Program including meeting inspection, reporting, training, record keeping requirements
- Ensure that all employees are adequately trained and have adequate resources to perform their duties as well as adhere to the Quality and Safety Program
- Maintain communication with Senior Management Team and all relevant stakeholders
- 5 years of strong business management experience with P&L accountability
- Proven track record managing in an industrial oil and gas environment
- Ability and willingness to step in and work in the shop when needed
- Must have an aptitude for business development
- Previous experience with PRV, PSV and API/ANSI valves an asset
- UVG Valve Tech 1, Tech 2, and Tester Training Program, or equivalent training, an asset
- Must meet or be able to meet the requirements of the Basic and Advanced training as per AB 524
- Exceptional communicator and customer service oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Very strong computer skills and strong ability to quickly and effectively learn and adapt to new software and technology
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with MS Great Plains Dynamics an asset
A Branch Manager is a highly regarded position in our company and has historically provided a gateway to progressively more senior positions. Through your dedication, commitment to company philosophies and expectations, you can expect a very rewarding career and to have fun. We offer a competitive salary base, bonuses, a comprehensive benefit package, RRSP Program, company vehicle, laptop and credit card.
All resumes will be retained for the duration of the recruit only; all resumes will be destroyed immediately following candidate selection.
Personal information is reviewed by senior managers only, kept in strict confidence and used only for the purposes of scheduling interviews. By forwarding your resume and/or application for the position you signify your acceptance of these terms.
Thank you for your interest in joining Unified Valve Group. Candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.