Unified Valve Group is seeking a Branch Manager for our Calgary office, who has proven experience managing a team in the valve industry as well as proven business acumen. The Branch Manager is responsible for all day to day operations of their branch, its profitability, as well as its strategic long-term operations. The ideal candidate will be a go getter who is not afraid of rolling up their sleeves and getting the job done while being able to successfully delegate as needed.
- Managing and meeting branch budget, including maintaining control of expenses
- Engage in business development through effective networking in the local market, growing contact list and ensuring that Unified Valve Group is at the forefront of all local opportunities
- Effective prioritization of all branch activities and coordination of operational and maintenance activities
- Accurate, complete and timely order invoicing
- Responsible for managing, mentoring and coaching all branch personnel including but not limited to managing on-boarding, training, performance, Quality and Safety Program violations, HR policy violations, disciplinary actions and terminations
- Adherence with Quality and Safety Program including meeting inspection, reporting, training and record keeping requirements
- Ensure that all employees are adequately trained and have adequate resources to perform their duties as well as adhere to the Quality and Safety Program
- Maintain communication with Senior Management Team and all relevant stakeholders
- Strong service, mechanical background required
- Business management experience with P&L accountability
- Proven track record managing in an industrial oil and gas environment
- Ability and willingness to step in and work in the shop when needed
- Must have an aptitude for business development
- Previous experience with PRV, PSV and API/ANSI valves an asset
- Unified Valve Group Valve Tech 1, Tech 2, and Tester training program, or equivalent training, an asset
- Must meet or be able to meet the requirements of the Basic and Advanced training as per AB 524
- Exceptional communicator and customer service oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Very strong computer skills and strong ability to quickly and effectively learn and adapt to new software and technology
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with MS Great Plains Dynamics an asset
A Branch Manager is a highly regarded position in our company and has historically provided a gateway to progressively more senior positions. Through your dedication, commitment to company philosophies and expectations, you can expect a very rewarding career and to have fun. Along with the opportunity to run a branch in one of the fastest growing regions in the country, we offer a competitive industry salary, bonuses, a comprehensive benefit package, RRSP Program, laptop and credit card.
All resumes will be retained for the duration of the recruit only; all resumes will be destroyed immediately following candidate selection.